megasax

Where does a downstairs shower/toilet room fit?

Mega Tom

Hello Pals,

I am new on here and will appreciate all suggestions on where to fit a downstairs shower room with toilet and basin. It's a detached house with 4 beds, 1 family bathroom, and an ensuite upstairs.

Our family includes 17, 14, and 9 years kids.

We were thinking of fitting the shower room on the front part of the dining area i.e. coming from the porch and through the right door. That room could be partitioned so that the shower room is in there.

But, We are not sure of the best design not to upset the flow of the house and not to devalue the house.

We are both 45 yrs of age and maybe down down-sizing when the kids are all grown up etc

Option A could have a door leading to the kitchen from a new ensuite room!

Option B is a middlebox partition with 2 doors, which will allow entry to the shower room from both the door in front of the stairs and from the kitchen.

Option C. Stud wall that divides the room completely, so the front room serves more like an ensuite? Which means you won't be able to access the shower room from the kitchen.

Also, is it practical to have a window in the shower room?

All ideas and questions are welcome.

NB:

Understairs is just too small and costs as much due to the awkward shape and size!

All equipment in the picture will be moving into an outbuilding to be built as well.