julie_brennan7

Single story extension

Julie Brennan
last month

Hi, I was hoping I could get some advice on an extension we're planning. My husband and I aren't agreeing on a layout we're both happy with. I have attached the ground floor plans that we already have.
So, what we want is to extend out 24m2 and knock down the wall between the kitchen/dining area and make it more open plan. We would like a flat roof but don't know whether we should higher the ceiling height for the extension or have it the 1 level from original build to new extension (if that makes any sense). Or would a pitched roof be better?
Or whether to put a sliding/bi-fold large door in?
We also want to move the kichen from where it is, in to the dining area in an L shape layout with an island parallel to the new kitchen. I would love an extra space for a small walk in pantry but don't know where I could put it.
Where the original kitchen is, we want to incorporate a small toilet and utility space behind a stud wall.
I would really appreciate some help or advice as this is so daunting for me.
I have also attached a kitchen plan of what we think we might like.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.