egreevy

Small downstairs toilet & shower - are my ideas gonna work?

Edel

Hi there,

We just moved into our forever home and have lots of work to do - exciting times... we are about to embark on a renovation downstairs - including our tiny, smelly, badly ventilated downstairs toilet & shower.

It's 2m x 1.8m.

The plan

• Upgrade toilet, sink, and install floor level shower with glass panel
  • Put small window 400 x500 over the toilet so I can still have a mirror over the sink
  • Dark grey hex mosaic on the floor & couple of flowers to break it up
  • Walls will be white subway & grey grout - only plan to tile halfway up the walls except where shower is - that will be fully tiled
  • Wooden shelf stretching over toilet & sink

Here's a pic to illustrate with the products I've selected...lots from Ikea;)

So will it all come together?

The subway tiles are either 10x20cm or 10x30cm.. and the floor is a hex mosiac.. will the small tiles work in a small space.. I heard a rumour about using large tiles in a small room..

Cheers