dg24

Stumped by modern master bedroom/sitting area + windows!

dg24
6 years ago

We have this ridiculously long bedroom (29 feet!), divided on one side by the entrance to the bathroom and opposite that, a sliding door to the patio. Our plan is to put in a modern barn-type door by the bathroom which would have to slide along the bedroom wall toward the suitcases/white chaise.

So - please help! Here are my issues awaiting your brilliance :)

Master bedroom advice · More Info

1) how to arrange the sitting area utilizing the white chaise and the chairs

2) do I let my husband put the t.v. on the wall by the white chaise (where the white R and D letters are now covering the outlet/cable)?

3) The vintage Hartmann luggage set had a perfect home in our last house but, I can't seem to make it work in this one, so it's just piled up because I don't have any other room to put it and will likely sell it and get some type of coffee table unless anyone has any great ideas? I feel like there are so many pieces and they're making the area feel cluttered.

4) I'm thinking a large standing lamp (arc lamp?) would be great with the chaise, wherever it goes.

5) I need a rug to ground that sitting area - thinking to stick with the pale yellow color of the other rug by the bed, but maybe with some other colors also?

6) I cannot stand the vertical blinds on the sliding door (no other windows in the room) and am thinking double curtains (sheers plus lined curtains) but am not sure whether I should do gray with white sheers or both white or a pattern??? Also thinking they would be hung just below the ceiling? The walls are 8 feet.

Hopefully the pictures I took make sense? Please let me know if they don't and thank you in advance for any advice!

Comments (25)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.