pinksoir

How would you lay out this bathroom?

Karl Knuttel
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We are getting our bathroom fully renovated. It's fairly small and I'm finding it quite awkward to come up with a layout. Currently the soil stack goes out the top left, but as we are getting bifolds put in, we will be moving that to the side of the house (right hand side of the bathroom). Water pipes go out the top right and they'll likely stay there. In the current bathroom, the bath is in the bottom right corner, sink above it (squeezed in under the window) and toilet top left. I'm thinking of putting the bath under the window at the top running left to right, and toilet and sink on the right hand side of the room.

Another thought was to install a pocket door (as the door/wall will be getting removed and rebuilt anyway) and have its opening more centred, that way we could put a sink on one side and toilet on t'other. Only issue is that the bathroom is situated at the top the stairs (though there's a landing).

Any thoughts on this?

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.