carleenwalsh21

Kitchen Help

carleenwalsh21
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Hey guys, A little project – Kitchen Renovation in IRELAND.

The width of this area is 4.5m. I am putting an island with sink into the space where pipes can be seen in the floor. It will measure 1m x 2m and run from the centre of the 2 windows (South facing) down towards the kitchen door. I am thinking of using Cambria “Darlington” granite, with a raised end (stained walnut top perhaps). I am torn between staining it walnut/keeping it cream.

Wall units, including cooker (opposite sink) will be on the right hand side which measures 4.6m. Of this 4.6m, the units will span a total of 3.6m. The cabinetry will be a pale cream painted kitchen. On the opposite wall, we plan on putting in a double larder press. I have already this planned and given to the carpenter. The shade of colour is the only thing that needs consideration; thank you.

I already have purchased a cream(yellow!) Stanley electric oven (similar to an aga in style!).

The stove wall is 4m wide. We are placing in an Erin matt black multi-fuel stove.

From the stove wall to the opposite end (west facing) of the kitchen is 7.3m. From the corner window to the back (South facing 600mm window) is 4.5m. The actual width of this off-shot is 1.3m and was built to support the roof as we are located on the Atlantic coast. The beach is a minute’s walk away and is in full view from the front windows/door.

These are the tiles I am thinking of using. They are porcelain Nassau Cuero, high sheen. Marble veined effect. Creams, beiges and browns. I am going to tile the skirting/kick board instead of wood.

I am thinking of putting a moulded white timber moulding around all of the windows to “traditionalise them”!!

I have already ordered solid walnut doors and white moulded surrounds. This cannot be changed!! Celing moulding is also being put up next week, where the walls meet the roof only.

I am wondering if you would advise on the following please for the room (Please remember I am in Ireland so you may have to use “.ie” when searching for ideas!!!!:
Shade of cream for cabinets
Walnut island or not??
Floor and splashback tile choice
Paint
Stove surround
Window dressing
Lighting
Furniture
Dining table and chairs
Soft Furnishings

I would love for the room to be warm, formal, elegantly traditional yet bring in a beach effect. I love the whole “Clive Christian” look and have our carpenter copy as much of this effect as possible. I really admire Michael Abrams Ltd, David Brandsen’s, Mary Susan’s, Oakley Home Houzz designs to mention a few!!

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.