trifides

North east facing kitchen paint help

trifides
4 years ago

We live in a house built in 1930. It has a picture rail throughout all the rooms in original house and the ceilings aren’t terribly high (maybe 8ft).

Our living room (old part) adjoins a kitchen extension (with 9ft ceilings). There are double pocket doors which are mostly left open between the 2 rooms.

The kitchen is north east facing with a large sliding door to the garden and 2 large roof windows. Therefore there is plenty of light in the room but it is ‘cold light’ (bar early morning) because of its orientation.

The living room is south west facing - low light in morning but warm from lunchtime on.

We are repainting the house at the moment. The suggested colours by painter for sitting room (sand carpet) are Farrow and Ball ‘skimming stone’ on 3 sides and ,dovetail, on one side (colour chart in pics).

The real dilemma is the kitchen and getting a colour that will blend across the 2 spaces (living room to kitchen) and one that will also work in a northeast facing room (which limits things).

If anyone has suggestions for a colour for the kitchen (ideally in farrow and ball as that’s the colour chart the painter uses) it would be great.
The kitchen cupboards are off-white/cream and the floor tiles are Harvey Maria apple. It was also suggested to put a feature wallpaper over table (suggestions?) and then paint the rest of room.

Thanks all! We are at a total loss and the painter is waiting to come.

Pictures attached and taken at 9am. Excuse the mess as 2 under 3’s in house!!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.