frances_quirke61

Living room furniture placement - HELP!!

Frances Q
15 days ago

Hi everyone

I’m currently in the middle of a 9 month renovation but this room has me stumped.

This is our second living room. It will be used as a kids tv room, music room but also a cosy living room in the winter.

The curtains and shelving units are gone and the black tiles around the fireplace will be replaced. Now I need to work out how I’m going to lay the room out. There are NO alcoves in this room.

1. I want to put our piano against the wall to the right of the fireplace and have a picture light and art work underneath.
  2. To the left, I’m thinking wall mounted tv within a shelving unit but not too deep (maybe 300-400mm) instead of the 600mm we used to have here which really ate into the room.

My concern is will the lack of symmetry either side of the fireplace annoy me? one side would have shelving and a cupboard and the other side would have the piano.
Would it look strange to have a shelving unit sticking out on just one side?

Sorry for the awful mock up!

Suggestions and ideas are very welcome.

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.