vvviola

Living room decor, incorporating old furniture

Jo T
8 years ago

We've just bought a new house after years of renting and moving around the world. We have some furniture but it's all pretty eclectic.

For the living room, we have a very dark wood display cabinet (like a massive sideboard with a glass display unit on top) plus an old radio that belonged to my husbands great grandfather (it looks like teak). Our couch is a dusky green colour (but will be replaced when funds allow).

I'm at a loss as to what shades of paint/carpet/curtains to even consider.

Some photos of the current version of the room attached (not our furniture, and the fireplace will be replaced with cream ? stone mantel, black infill & hearth & black stove eventually). Not in shot are (ugly) dark wood double doors with yellow glass panels - they will also, eventually, be replaced with white? versions with clear glass.

Any suggestions?

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.