webuser_92499503

Floor Plan Dilemma.... all suggestions welcome

David
6 months ago

Hi, we have been in our new home now 12 months and are planning to change the layout of the ground floor. We dont need an extension but feel we just need to make better use of the existing space. We have three kids under 10 so want to maintain a family space and adult area. We have had two architects round with some initial suggestions however we still don't feel we have a solution. I have seen some great suggestions on here so thought I would post. Highlevel our brief would be:

• Biggest issue is the access from the front to the back of the house as not a huge fan of the walkway through the front room. Having lived her over 12 months we rarely sit in the front room and it is more a larger corridor.
  • Open plan kitchen/dining/family space.
  • Would like to review the access to the rear garden and look at patio doors etc
  • Ideally maintain a front room/snug for a toy free space!

All suggestions are appreciated as just looking for ideas. We have a budget that should cover a new kitchen and some beams and alterations but not limitless!

Thanks

David

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.