jen1215

Any suggestions for our ground floor layout?

jen1215
9 years ago
Hi All,
Would love to hear from anyone with suggestions for the ground floor layout of our house. We are renovating the entire space so open to any major structural ideas.
The rear of the property gets decent sunlight from the West which is why the proposed extension is slightly further out on the right hand side than the left to open up a small patio area in that space.

The clean plan is what has been proposed and the rougher (badly done!) sketch is what we would prefer.

Would love to hear if anyone thinks we are on the right track/could do something completely different or just crazy!

Main thing we want to achieve is light and an open plan kitchen/diner/living space.

Also wondering about which roof type to go with for the extension, flat or pitched?
Heart says flat cause they look better but head says pitched as they last longer etc?

Original house walls planned for demolition can be seen in faint broken line.

Thanks so much!

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.