webuser_71660

Internal shower room all wall panelled or half height??

Tani H-S
7 months ago

One of our flat's ensuite is being refurbished and it had wall panelling everywhere with 2.5m high ceilings. There are no windows and it's about 2m x 1.1m in size.
I'm going to lower this to 2.4 anyway to allow for using a single wall panel in the shower area (which are 2.4 x 1m wide). Plumber said to panel all of it to make it easy to clean etc but part of me is resisting this idea as I think it will just be too much??
Personally I would prefer all the shower done and then half height to come up past the sink and wc unit. It will be a subtle concrete grey colour with funky patterned floor and a black sliding shower screen and black shower. So I could use a black trim all the way around perhaps to frame it.
Aside from it costing less as I won't need as many panels, is it not worth it for the repaint job etc?? Ie harder to maintain and less mouldy if panelled all around?
The panels are those plastic wipe clean ones but the nicer looking styles as we just ripped the sparkle one that was in there!
Thank you

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.