victoria_rawlings67

Awkward kitchen!

VRP
last year

So after a lot of deliberation we've decided to keep the kitchen where it is and not move the plumbing to save on costs. This is mainly because we see ourselves here for around 5 years (bought it in 2021). I'm struggling with what we can fit in and space we have. The back door is no longer required as we're going to have patio doors in the 2nd reception room and the big window needs changing. There is no view from the sink apart from the neighbours so I'm not precious in keeping it or possibly change the size. We've also have a chimney breast which we are keeping. There is no need for a washing machine as we've made a utility area at the back by the bathroom (only one at present). We're going to keep the wall to save costs but need to allow more light in the dinning room so thinking of taking the wall back out the other side but having maybe open shelves. Any suggestions on how we can fit in what a would like a larder/pantry/cupboard and possibly an American fridge freezer? We do not want any wall cupboards but happy with a shelf or two! I really like the idea of a hob in the chimney breast with draws underneath and a tower over next to it just under where the wall is cut out marked in yellow. The other side of the chimney breast will be worktop so really it's the other side with the sink and trying to squeeze in a fridge/freezer and some sort of pantry cupboard on that side! Any help is appreciated!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.