kathryn_emmings

Fireplace/Dinning/Stair/Open Plan

Kathryn Emmings
last year
last modified: last year

I'm knocking down the kitchen wall to create am open plan living, kitchen, dinning area. As I have a little one and want line of sight and free movement. The house is small so it doesn't make sense to put a wall up.The picture shows the wall that's coming down. And I'm now planning to put the fireplace (free standing) on the right hand long wall, with a cabinet next to it. And considering a bench that does from the edge of the fireplace all the wall to the kitchen peninsula. This will be dinning seating as well as additional living room seating.On the other wall will be the sofa. However there is a bulkhead from the stairs that overhang this side and therefore the door doesn't fully open. What should I do about the door?Overall does this feel like the best use of the space? Planning to hide the t.v in the cabinet next to fireplace. I barely watch it so don't need it out often.
All old furniture that came from my previous larger house. So please ignore all that. Have a sofa in mind once I sort put final designs

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.