laura_o_brien93

ground floor layout - stuck on how to reconfigure!

Laura
10 months ago

Would love some help with our new house. I've attached the plans and included a few red lines of what I'm thinking to change the ground floor layout to suit our family. The study on the right of the front door is an open space and I'm not sure whether to walk this off to make an office or whether or put a hall table and flowers here and remove the random fireplace? Alternatively I'm thinking of changing the dining room to an office. Add a w/c next to this as the loo is down steps and not functional. I was thinking of making the kitchen open plan and knocking the wall to the living room and possibly doing a small extension for the dining space: Im thinking of having a pantry through the utility. There's an aga in the kitchen im not sure if this wall can move but ideally would take this out and add an island. Also Im hoping to put a playroom somewhere for our two boys under four years. Ideally off the kitchen but not sure I can make all of this work. Apologies for the essay but would love some advice on this, any ideas really appreciated!!

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.