arti_rumpal

Painting and light fixtures for extension and snug area

Arti Rumpal
last year
last modified: last year

I

Hi Houzzers

I need some advice on what colour scheme /pop of colour to select for a snug area which is currently being decorated. Hope i can get some help from you, creative people :-) please see this

video of the snug and extension area

The floor is being tiled ( and you can see some of the exposed tiles are polished grey.
I have left the back wall of the extension unpainted as we are going to have a media unit at the back ( see a picture of the design of the media unit ).
The kitchen on the right hand of the extension will be brown acacia units (hacker) on the bottom along the window ( attached pic of the 3d visual ).
The media unit is acupanel in a concrete finish- and hoping it will pick up with the anthracite bifolds
I was originally thinking of painting the black wall F&B Railings or Downpipe colour as we are also going for coving lighting with LED along the apex- but worry it may look too harsh during the day. Would you agree

?
I would love a pop of intense colour, especially in the snug area. Would the space look heavy with the Hague blue and the acupanel in the concrete colour?

Another colour i love is Inchrya blue.

Re lighting - The kitchen island is 3m in length and I have shortlisted 3 John Lewis & Partners Baldwin Pendant Ceiling Light - i like this copper light from John lewis to echo the kitchen unit and add a bit of warmth. I need to choose 4 wall lights too something to pick up the Baldwin - so something coppery

In summary

1. Units along the length of the wall by the window in brown acacia at the bottom and soft gloss white on top. (as per pic)

Also units along the back wall ( fridge and storage in soft gloss white )

2. 3 m island in gloss soft white

3. island lights above the island https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-baldwin-large-pendant-ceiling-light/p5291565 - like the copper and the industrial look

4. Worktop for units in carera white with black vien Carrara Misterio - Shaw Stone Ltd.

5. Splash back along the kitchen back wall by the hood - either in carera white or the optidek am 007 in copper /toffee with black ( sample of the pic is attached )

5. 4 x side lights ( to be decided )

6. In the snug area a rich coloured sofa and a rug ( to be selected )

7. Cove lighting along the apex

8. Near the chimney breast a long dining table ( to be selected )

9. Cabinets along with the chimney breast ( to be selected )

My immediate task is to choose a colour for the backwall as the decorator is in within a couple of weeks and the media unit will be installed the week after. Do i just play it safe and do the back wall skimming stone - and change the back wall colour later - or is there a colour that is an obvious choice ?

Question:

1. What palette can I go for with an acupanel like the one I have chosen. I am going off the idea of a Black backdrop. What other colour schemes would you go for ? I was wondering if i can go for another neutral like a "Hague blue" in the back wall and also have it echoing along the left hand side of the extension ( where the chimney breast it ) please see the video so you can better a better sense of the space.

2. Re the pendant lights and wall lights - what combination would you go for, please ?area to decorate Video of the area

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.