eilis_ryan23

Kitchen plan advice/critique

niairin niairin
3 years ago

Hi there, looking for a bit of feedback / advice on my efforts to plan a kitchen in a small space. Attaching a rough plan from the ikea planner, although that's not where I'm getting my kitchen.

Currently the kitchen has a long run of cabinets along the whole left hand wall, with the sink under the small window to the top.

Kitchen Layout / Additional Considerations:

- In the attached plan, there is a diagonal internal door into the kitchen in the bottom right hand corner, and a small window and external patio door (on the right) on the far wall

- I have placed the high cabinets (fridge freezer, small broom cupboard, small-ish pantry cupboard) on the right hand wall inside the door. This is primarily because these don't require an external wall.

- The left wall and top wall are the only external walls

- I will have a washing machine and dishwasher which need to be plumbed against an external wall, along with the sink, and the hob will need to be close to an external wall for ventilation also

- All food and other storage will need to be in the kitchen (no utility / pantry etc.)

- I want to retain as much space as possible at the top of the room for a dining area, and ideally also be able to turn a longer dining table vertically for entertaining etc.

My main concerns with the current plan are:

- When entering the kitchen, you'll face the high cabinets. Will this look awful? I can't find any photos of similar online to try and judge.

- Am I mad to locate everything away from the windows/light? I feel like the light will be more beneficial on the dining table but maybe I'll regret it.

- Any other suggestions / advice?

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.