sean_murphy168

How to furnish kitchen/diner with center placed wood burner?

Sean Murphy

Hi Houzz'ers,

We have a long kitchen / diner room which is split by a Circle wood burning stove.

We want to be able to use this area not only as a kitchen and dining area but also, from time to time as a place to relax and socialize around the fire. (it is a spectacular fire).

Due to the proportions, and the central fireplace, we are finding it difficult to furnish appropriately.

We are constrained by central fire, two double doors (one into a sun room), a large radiator and the dining room windows.

We are interested to see if anyone has any ideas that can make the room functionally work but also look good. The dining room table (it is fully extended and so can retract) has to stay as we have just bought it, however the other furniture can change or be removed.

Thanks in advance for you good ideas.. :-)

The room is approximately 10 meters by 4.4 meters. ( I hope the diagrams and pictures provide enough detail)

Comment