emmelinewe

Win an iPad - Vote for your favourite Irish photo!

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

To celebrate our presence at The permanent tsb Ideal Home Show, we've got a very exciting competition for you, with a very nice prize!

Below are five beautiful images that have been uploaded by Irish Houzz professionals. To enter the competition and for a chance to win an iPad Air 2 worth €449, simply vote for your favourite photo and leave a comment below saying what you love about it.

The competition is now closed.

If you're at the show, come and say hi at stand M53, and vote and comment in person!

By registering your vote and adding a comment, you are agreeing to our competition terms and conditions.

Ranelagh Residence · More Info

Residential Project in Wicklow · More Info

Done Deal Living Room all items are second hand · More Info

Terenure, Dublin · More Info

Cabin in the woods in Ireland · More Info

Comments (145)

• PRO
    Tiago Faria and Jane Considine Architects
    8 years ago

The yellow tray.

• dassie4
    8 years ago
    Who says spindles have to be plain old white?!
    Love the colours used
  • Tracy Flood
    8 years ago

I totally love the black & white tiles in the Residential Project in Wicklow , it really makes a statement without being too over powering and perfectly complements the neutral palate and clean lines

• mellawalsh
    8 years ago

Voted for the Terenure kitchen, great light, space and colour

• stoneacrestudios
    8 years ago

I voted for 'A cabin in the Woods' as it is cosy, cute, comfortable, calm and classic with clean lines and quirky furnishings. It's not crying out for attention but is seductive and subtle in it's homely decoration, detailing and design. As an Irish person, I know we NEED all the cosiness and comfort we can get!!!

• Clare Amor
    8 years ago

Loving the look of the Wicklow house. A daring choice of tile complimented by the beautiful window and the neutral walls.

• David Newell
    8 years ago

Voted for B. The colour scheme and tiles complement each other brilliantly and great use of natural light!

• federica75
    8 years ago

I voted for the cabin in the woods as the unique feel that comes from the mix of texture, colours and nature ( imposing from the two windows ),gave me an inspiring sense of wellness and peace .

• evanewell11
    8 years ago

Voted for the well deserved - the hall and entrace in Wicklow by Tilestyle - elegent but love it slight simplicity

perfect touch of colour to bring life to this eye catching entrace hall Beautiful staircase,tiles and just love its overall perfection

• Una Nugent
    8 years ago

I voted for the residential project in Wicklow. The black and white tiles are striking and work very well with the neutral colors in the rest of the area.

• Matthew Newell
    8 years ago

Wow! I chose The residential project in Wickow because of its brilliant colour coordination and stylish design!

• Louise D.R
    8 years ago

The metal staircase is such a showpiece! The fretwork and the colour are fabulous.

• eoindmyers
    8 years ago

Cabin in the woods for me, the use of space is amazing. A little window seat above the blocks of wood for the stove is just very clever, I could see how a lot of people would have just put a basket for the logs there and it would have been wasted space. This simple but effective use of space is what stands out to me and makes this my favourite.

• mailrachelcurtis
    8 years ago
    It's aspirational and unique while being livable
  • Ricky Leonard
    8 years ago

hall abd entrance in Wicklow is very picturesque but homely

• Emilia Zagrean
    8 years ago

I love the Kingston design . it combines colours in a cozy, elegant and modern - practical way ; the stairs blend in effortlessly and make me wonder if they are real ( am sure they are and I think that they are great for selfies or group photos ). The colours in the kitchen are great , the colourful plates on the wall , the tiles are like art and the open space is just amazing . The garden , which makes me think of Italy or Spain, looks like an invitation to relax . Great use of furniture and colours , overall it has that va va voom effect to me.

• Harriet Parsons
    8 years ago

Gorgeous transformation and design

• mldoran
    8 years ago

Cabin in the woods; I love how fabric, colour & texture are used in this room and its so bright thanks to great windows. This is a house which is a home as well as something beautiful visually. Love it!

• Grá Gleeson
    8 years ago

Voted for hallway in Wicklow. Clean lines, bright space, love the window height in line with stairs. Great colour choice on the walls. Inspired choices, love this.

• Ivlia Blackburn
    8 years ago

Cabin in the woods looks so cosy, ideal for family life. The decorations make it look both clean and spacious but also cosy which is perfect for a family. The views of the outdoors through the windows merely add to the impression of indoors outdoors living while the logs demonstrate how warm and cosy it would be inside when it's wet, cold and windy outside.

• Sarah Godson
    8 years ago

Love the hallway. Its just so stylish and inviting. I think the tiles really work here and love the way you can see into the back room through the window in the hallway.

• edwinamooney
    8 years ago
    Love love love this kitchen. Such a lovely bright space and calming colours.
  • cdiv
    8 years ago

Terenure kitchen, great light, spacious, lovely wide wooden planks, looks wonderfully relaxing

• Helena S
    8 years ago
    I love the first picture, the pop of colour on the staircase creates a lovely juxtaposition of an old feature with a modern touch
  • Aoife Moylan
    8 years ago

I love the mixture of old and new in the first picture.

• PRO
    Rafael Photography
    8 years ago

Tough choice ...however Ranelagh Residence is standing out little bit more...

• Audra Bland
    8 years ago

Image 4 the Terenure, Dublin kitchen is just stunning,spacious and just what a family kitchen should look like it's so bright and got everything you need :)

• lyndaspollen88
    8 years ago
    My vote is for the 'Hall and Entrance in Wicklow'. The beautiful marble floor tiles together with the choice of contemporary greys bring light and a freshness, complimenting the stunning window, staircase and lovely original (?) ceiling in the hall. An inspired balance where the new breathes life into the old without taking anything away. Love it.
  • Paul Newell
    8 years ago

Hall and entrance in Wicklow is stunning

• Paula Cunningham
    8 years ago

The hall and entrance in Wicklow is absolutely class...it obviously has been designed by somone with immense talent.........a stunning vision when you open that door.......visionary and modern with a twist....fantastic.....

• Ruthie's Rooms
    8 years ago

Love the TileStyle hall entrance in Wicklow. You just can't go wrong with a classic like those black and white tiles. This look is so fresh and encompasses a real sense of space and openness. I adore the contrasting light and dark paints on the opposing walls not to mind the clever internal window to allow light through. Very clever, well thought out design and one of my favourite hall entrances for sure :)

• louise9465
    8 years ago

I really like the design I this cabin room. It is so accessible, I'm looking at the softly gathered curtins, the white painted floorboards and panelling and thinking of how I could get this look in my own home. There are clean lines and great design features but not at the expense of comfort.

This looks like a room for people- children, dogs, cats, friends and family (and stylists).

• thcarney
    8 years ago
    Nice contrast of black and white colour. Inviting overview of dining area as you come down spiral staircase.
  • thcarney
    8 years ago
    Lovely contrast of black and white. Inviting overview of dining area as you walk down spiral staircase.
  • herself40
    8 years ago
    Inviting, light filled inviting space. I want one.
  • Claire
    8 years ago

Cabin in the Woods - Perfection from the open rafters painted white to give the illusion of height and space to the painted floorboards - and everything in between - the simple furniture and clean sharp decor - the wonderful windows taking in the woodland setting and the curtains for closing on a winter night to relax with stove lit and a good book (optional glass of wine) - sheer happiness and this is the living room picture I have in my head for the past number of years - for when my dreams come true and I finally get to build my dream home. Perfection :)

• kkhiga
    8 years ago

I love the Tilesyle in Wicklow. The colors compliment the lovely grey. I would want to do this to my hallway.

• annacatriona
    8 years ago
    Love the colour and light. It's got the "wow" factor
  • geraldine
    8 years ago

I love the cabin in the woods. It reminds me of all the times I enjoyed in New England when I lived in Boston. It looks like such a cosy spot to relax and unwind.

• Anne Hayes
    8 years ago
    Love the hall...welcoming tones...drawing and welcoming you in.
  • ballyg
    8 years ago

I love the cabin in the woods, its a intimate setting where you are drawn to the outside whilst keeping snug indoors. The use of fabrics sets it apart from the usual cold designs of other modern rooms. The attention detail in the selection of furniture pieces keeps it modern yet functional.

• Trish Long
    8 years ago

Cabin in the woods. Love the mix of comfort, style without being over styled, luxury and luxurious touches in every room, use of local products /pieces/work people. Cohesive overview sense of connection to place and outdoors and its past. Truly inspired.

• Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you all for voting! The competition is now closed and we'll email the winner later today!

• PRO
    Little Design House
    8 years ago

We were wondering when it closed. Great competition :-)

• PRO
    TileStyle
    7 years ago

Thank you to everyone who voted for the TileStyle black and white marble tiled hall entrance in Wicklow, designed by Tonya Douglas of Little Design House! :)

• louise9465
    7 years ago
    Love this room, it has style without being pretentious. A room you could see evolving with the owners need over time rather than being stuck in a particular look.
  • michelle Phelan
    7 years ago
    Did anybody win the ipad?
  • Paul Newell
    7 years ago

They never said who won maybe nobody did ??????????

• Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Paul and Michelle, indeed they did, but we have emailed the homeowner separately and she has received her prize!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.