janetelizabeth_cronin

What do I need to consider for built-in robes around a fireplace?

JE C
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am planning to put wardrobes on either side of the fireplace in my daughter's room (first pic) – I favour a modern look to contrast with the federation features in the room, so am choosing a flat profile with slimline black handles. ( a bit like the handle type in 2nd pic). One side will be for clothes the other for other storage. The first will have a shelf at the top, hanging space and drawers ( all inside), the second just shelves ( adjustable).I'm planning vivid white 2pac doors in satin as the other woodwork in the room is vivid white. I think the ceilings are 3.3 m, I was going to go for 2.5 m doors on the built ins. The walls are not square so the cabinet maker will use spaces. Is there anything else I should consider and do you thing the relative height of the doors and ceiling will look ok together? Does anyone have any photos of something similar that they can post ( most pics online are of shaker style doors). Thanks for any input.

Comments (38)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.