webuser_71660

island lighting problem

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Little issue - the last electrician who wired the kitchen up was supposed to wire it to have 3 individual pendants above the island.

We had to swap electrician as the original couldn’t be bothered to come back and the new one pulled through one cable.
The problem is that we have a steel above the island seating area so we can’t pull the cable forward and it currently sits almost in line with the edge of the hob!

Also, there is only one cable so we can’t retrospectively drill through any joists either side to move the cable so now we are stuck with having to find a light fitting on a bar to get lights over to each side.

Not only that, we have to try and find something that can hide us pulling the cables back at bit so it sits another 100mm past the hob above the actual seating area.

I have a spider light already in the dining side so didn’t want to have more draped lights above the island.
Also didn’t want a chunky bit metal bar across the ceiling as we intend to have a hanging metal framework above the island at some point for cooking so it might clash with it.

There must be a simple solution - any magic ideas??

Ps it’s the cable to the right side. The one on the left is for a spot light the original guys put in (stupid place!!) which we are capping off and hiding)

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.