ang183

Big house, DARK interior trim & doors :(

Ang
9 years ago
We just closed on a beautiful house. The interior felt darker than we wanted and we soon realized that changing the wall color was not that simple...the interior trim is incredibly dark. Walls were so dark they made the trim look ivory. We were fooled! The trim is a dark beige, Greenbriar beige (Benjamin moore)?!

Aside from being bummed that this was a warm tone (can't pair with light cool colors that we love), we found some colors that worked well with this trim: however now the trim is popping out too dark.

What should we do? Should we paint the chair rail the same color as the wall? Should we invest the $15k-$20k to lighten all trim and door throughout the house (frightening cost)?

The walls have to stay lighter, we like light, fresh, happy and bright. (The chandelier will be removed).

Showing before and after shot, trim color hasn't changed.

Really appreciate your ideas and feedback, thank you!!!!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.