tulpenblue

Need help with shower in dormer bathroom

tulpenblue
9 years ago
Need help please! We have just purchased our first home which is a dormer. Our main bathroom is upstairs in the dormer and has a wet area type shower with a glass brick wall (see pictures). When we moved in I noticed the grout on the floor around the shower area is very discoloured and eventually worked out that when anyone takes a shower, water bounces off their body out of the enclosure and out onto the tiles outside the shower area. This is now causing damp patches in the ceiling downstairs and so we have to shower with a big bathtowel on the floor to mop up the water. We want to do something to fix the problem but we have limited funds for the job so trying to avoid having a custom made shower door. We considered moving the glass blocks to the correct side but given the dormer roof this isn't feasible. All suggestions and advice is very welcome! Thank you!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.