webuser_874467629

Crooked mosaic tile in bathroom floor

Micky
4 years ago

Hi Guys!

The tiler hired by my plumber did a crooked mosaic tile in my bathroom floor(wet room). I was not satisfied with the result and so I let him know. After a long conversation it was decided to redo the whole job and place larger matte tiles (the sames laid for the rest of the bathroom floor) as this tiler and others hired by the plumber acknowledged they just couldn't improve the job. I'm not happy with the whole situation. I spent almost E 200 in the mosaic tiles, plus I'm gonna have to spend an additional E 90 on larger tiles that don't have the same gripping power as the mosaic. I'm considering to deduct the cost of the mosaic tiles in the final payment as I don't think it was my fault the tilers were unable to perform the job. They could have told me before attempting anything.

You might notice some of the tiles are even sticking out being a potential hazard. There is even a kind of wave shape on the mosaics aligned on top of the drainer.

While the plumber has been trying to sort out problems I understand he should have supervised his tiler's final job... Am I being unreasonable or picky? I would love another opinion.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.