webuser_586101160

Ground floor reconfiguration ideas

HU-586101160
5 months ago

Looking for some inspiration to reconfigure the ground floor layout of our house.
Currently have a lounge with 1970s glass screen/door into dining room, with serving hatch into kitchen, which has a door into a reasonable sized utility room. The utility room is on the side of the main house, with a door to the back garden and door to the walkway between garage and house, which has a side door into garage. The back of the garage has a ‘workshop’ area.

We have a young family, and so are thinking a kitchen/diner would be a nice alteration, possibly with changing some windows to give us access (French door/bifold) into garden.
However we are not sure we want an open plan kitchen/dinner/lounge.
We are not sure if we should just put a stud wall up between lounge/diner or something else (pocket doors) for flexibility.
The utility room is quite large.
The workshop isn’t really needed, as we already have a double garage.
We are wondering about joining the workshop into the main house, to create another room. Perhaps shrinking the utility, to have that as a pass through room.
It would also be nice to have an access door into the garage itself, rather than having to go outside.
The corridor between the house/garage/utility door seems a bit like wasted space at the moment too.
Looking for ideas and inspiration about how better utilise the space…. Suggestions would be welcome!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.