smneacsu

Tile spacing / alignment acceptable?

smneacsu
11 months ago

I am currently having my bathroom renovated and have some concerns about the tile spacing/alignment and grout lines for the work completed.

On one of the walls finger tiles have been laid and in some locations the spacing is different so the grout lines appear darker and narrower. Looking more closely the tiles are slightly misaligned. I am not sure what level of imperfections are acceptable. To me the differences are very obvious.

The builder has advised me that the spacing issue is due to the finger tile misalignment on square netting that the individual finger tiles are on and some spacing issue is unavoidable.

On the shower floor around the drain there is also a lot of variation in the spacing of the tiles and narrow grout lines. My main concern is if a very narrow grout line will cause some sort of issue overtime given it’s on the shower floor.

Any advice on if these issues should be of concern, or given the challenges of tiling these kinds of imperfections are acceptable would be appreciated.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.