Need help for my Living Rooom

HU-892878

Looking for advice from anyone with a good eye for interior design. All comments & critique on current decor welcome. .it's a small room (i used a wide angle lens)

My areas of concern:

(A) what to do with the blank area over the sofa?

(B) should I replace the sofa with a light coloured low profile one/other?

(C) I need more seating. Adding a chair on either side of a small table in front of the window, will obstruct the door and the tv area...I think a storage bench up to window sill level instead?

(D) will a white/cream rug work? or impractical??

(E) the Fireplace, was thinking of tiling the black area with terracotta tile (same ones as the floor tiles) or painting the black areas white/cream/sand? in order to visually recess the fireplace a bit. Wondering if you can paint the inside of the fireplace, behind the coals, a sand colour?

Thanks in advance!! :-)