kirsty_morgan89

Advice for painting work

Kirsty M
last year

We recently asked a tradesperson to freshen up our holiday let, it’s a 2 bed flat, we were quoted a price for the flat which included walls, ceilings and woodwork.
The week of the work myself and partner ended up being at the flat every day after and during our work to help paint. The end of the week saw us pull a 20 hour day to turn the flat around. We did all the woodwork and the work carried out by the tradesperson is poor. My question is do we pay this person - we received an invoice after the work which was £300 higher than the original quoted price. I’ve attached photos of some of the areas of work. Let me know what you would do.

To further the stress it turns out the said person removed a socket in the living room and didn’t isolate the wires meaning we’ve had to call out an electrician who was furious at the work done. (See photos)
*it should be noted the tradesperson is a friend of our parents.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.