ben_callis

Small home office in large cupboard unsure on wall colour

Ben
last year
last modified: last year

We have recently turned one of our cupboards into a small office room for working from home.

The room is off our south facing louneg and measure 1.2m by 1.8m. It has no window but we leave the door open into the bright south facing lounge when the office is in use.

The ceiling hieght is 3.2m (we live in a Glasgow Tennment) and we have kept one row of shelving high up (2.46m from the floor) which is filled with frequently unused items such as chrismtmas decerations.

In order to try and detract from the top shelve Ithough painting the cupboard in two colours would help ground the space and make the ceiling feel a bit lower. We painted the lower section Farrow and Ball Breakfast room green up to 1.76m and then painted aboce this in white (inclduing the shelves).

On one side we have installed a wall to wall desk which is 1.2m wide by 60cm deep.

Opposite the desk we currently have an open mesy shelvig unit but plan to build a wall to wall low cupboard to house all the current items we have in the shelves. On top of this we will place some decortive peices and add some lighting as well as some pictures on the wall.

I'm currently not overaly happy with the walls. I'm unusure if if the colour combination or if its the height of the green/white seperation but it just doesnt feel right and makes the room seem very very tall.

Should I look to move the line higher? Paint right up to the shelves green? Lower the line? Or perhaos change the colour to a lighter warmer colour?

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.