gemma_butler60

Ground floor redesign - how to best make use of large floor space

Gemma Butler
last year

Hi, We will be moving into this 1930s 5 bedroom house with our 3 young (6,4,1) children. The house has the space we need but the layout doesnt flow and has a lot of wasted space.

There is currenly a Living Room, Open Plan Kitchen / Diner Diner, Play room / games room, second living room, Study and Utilty. It also has two large entrance hall spaces, the second is light filled and large but seems wasted.

I would value any input on a layout that is suitable now for a young family that can grow to suit teenagers!

I feel moving the utlity to behind the kitchen makes more sense, expanding the study and removing the wall with ’internal window’ seem the right choice.

Concerns - moving the utlity room to behind the kitchen means no acsess to the kitchen without walking through another room.

Taking down the wall between the playroom / games room and the second living room may create one space that is simply too big!

All ideas welcomed.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.