dave_rkg

How to sort out a tv thats too high and remove broken fireplace.

dave_rkg
last year

Hi all

I have a small narrow living room that I fitted with a giant corner sofa bed. The sofa is probably too big (it only just fits!) but I have found it useful when having a few guests round. The TV is above the fireplace but I have come to admit defeat and accept its probably too high. I am thinking of removing the fireplace (its broken) and move the TV lower. My question is, what do I fill the gap where the fireplace is with? The wall is a load bearing wall so not sure something solid is needed to replace the fireplace. Is it possible to keep the space created by removing the fireplace and store items for the TV (game consoles, sound bars etc). Any ideas for help with general layout of the living room? Not sure what to put at the far end (top photo). I will remove the small wooden cabinet and replace it with another small chair.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.