mail9636

Sliding door length, Solar Glass - yes or no?

Sandeep Sirah
last year

Hi All - doing a refurb, extension. So many choices and so many opinions am getting headaches everyday !! have 2 dilemmas. We have a north west facing garden (so hotter in afternoon). We are looking to extend out the kitchen and have sliding doors. Originally we were going to have 9m x 4 m glass front sliding door extension. But we were concerned about the heat so decided to put a small wall in the corner at the suggestion of the architect.

When I discussed the design and the glass required with the sliding door company we chose I got the following response (yes am being serious) - 'It now looks s***' - which I have to say was upsetting and annoying at the same time.

So the dilemma: should I now go back to the original design? and suck it up with heat if it's there.

The glass chap also said we could use solar conditioning on the windows to reduce the heat. But I really don't know how affective this will be. And plus is he just looking for an even bigger pay day !!

Any advice welcome...

Thx

Sandy

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.