luke_conway

Alcove / Cupboard Under the Stairs

Luke Conway
2 years ago

Hello beautiful people, I'd really appreciate some inspiration.

I have a modestly sized two bedroom semi (which I am rennovating) and in the kitchen / diner there is a smallish sized alcove (1.6m / 1.5m) that backs onto a smallish sized cupboard under the stairs (0.9m width).

I have messed around with a number of ideas such as a reading snug, or a dining table but I think I've settled on having a walk in larder / cupboard as there isn't a massive amount of storage in the house. The gas / electric metres are in the cupboard under the stairs which largely rules out pull out units (and I want to put a table along this wall) .

The broader issue I have is how to connect the cupboard-under-the-stairs space with the alcove space and how to best to finish this as there are no obvious lines (to me at least).

Does any one have any thoughts on how to best utilise this awkward space, can anyone provide inspirational photos please?

Many thanks.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.