rutu_patel

Under stairs bar dilemma

Rutu Patel
2 years ago

Hello,

I have created a bar in a cupboard under the stairs and I need advice on the glasses rack. The space is quite small and has the slanted ceiling going through it. I was planning to attach the glass racks on the back wall starting towards the top right and have them step down to the left. And possibly a couple of small shelves on the right hand wall for the cocktail set and garnish bottles (picture with design attached)

The other option is to just add shelves, but I think I can t fit more glasses with the racks.

I would love to hear any suggestions - about the design and also if you know where I can get good quality parts for the rack. I found some on Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098X1Q9SH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_w=lBiVQ&pf_rd_p=828203ef-618e-4303-a028-460d6b615038&pd_rd_wg=BUNoe&pf_rd_r=ERMZ9HDY9437SGJKWF3M&pd_rd_r=a48e72f0-ba10-483b-abd1-cd34bfbdfd41&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTlgyRkZCUVdUVDhLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTk2OTQ0MlNBR0lGMERXRlYwSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTYzMDY2MUZSV0o0UDVIWkpKVSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=) but i'm not sure if they will be strong enough (over time) for my gin balloons that are quite heavy.

Have you done something similar? I would love to see how you created yours.

I am happy to get creative (with my limited DIY skills) - I know there must be a solution somewhere!

Here are a couple more angles...

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.