webuser_959081006

HELP: Damaged meter boxes

Brev
2 years ago

Hi, need your guidance on how to get these done, as my energy provider just directed me round and round with no clear outcome.

I have 2 recessed meter boxes (1 for gas and 1 for electricity), flushed to the wall, that are damaged. The energy provider's smart meter engineer came and refused to install smart meters for my property, due to the damaged meter boxes; and he said he'll only come back after I sorted out the meter boxes.

But my provider has affirmed that they will not replace the boxes for me, and they also cannot point to the right direction of how to get these done (but instead directed me to get a local tradesman).

However the smart meter's engineer has clearly told me that this is not a job of a private tradesman, and needs to be done properly (for safety concerns).

Confused... and hence need some advice on the above matter; otherwise, I'll never be able to install the recommended smart meters in my house.

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.