charlotte_nicoll76

What would you do? Garage Annexe dilemma

Charlotte N
3 years ago

I'm buying a 3 bedroom house that has a part converted garage. My family will live in the main house and my parents will live in the annexe/garage. The property has planning permission for a 3bedroom dwelling to be placed where the garage is but we're hoping to just convert the rest of the garage. We have had a survey and the non converted part of the garage has woodworm on the beams but the surveyor as advised that removing the beams completely rather than treating would be fine as the shell has steel beams and is very structurally sound.

The garage annexe will need to have 3 bedrooms (1 double, 2 single one of which will be an office for 90% of the time). It will also need to have a 4 piece bathroom suite and a separate WC. It would be nice to have space for a log burner, for the master bedroom to have french doors onto the rear garden and for the property to have mains gas installed.

Our budget for this is in the region of 30-50k. We have had a quote for someone to do the works and they have come in around this figure.

What we cant decide is how to lay all this. So please, please throw us l of your ideas for how we should deal with this space!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.