simonejgb

Fireplace help...

Simone
3 years ago

Hi, currently re decorating my front room, we have removed a gas fire and have opened up the fireplace I am not putting another fire in so it is for decorative purpose only but my dilemma is what tiles to put down I originally was going to carpet in line with the wall but have decided to have a hearth. The main wall is going to be blue (sapphire salute) and the rest in chic shadow above the picture rail will remain white.

My carpet is a light grey and sofa a charcoal grey curtains also a light grey, furniture is oak and I am intending on putting an oak beam above the fireplace.

Any ideas on what tiles to use pattern or plain? Would black look odd with the blue wall? Also would you put the oak mantle in line with the fire place or leave a gap?

I have added a few pics to give an idea of the room which include the colour samples with the carpet and curtains.

Tv will be to the right of the fire on a corner tv unit and in the other alcove a small sideboard.

Oh just to add I was going to put some mustard coloured accessories in.

Many thanks.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.