eunice600

Fireplace woes

eunice600
9 years ago
Has any one ever tiled over slate? I hate this great black mess on my wall, so I just place items in front of it! Any recommendations that don't include ripping it out? Not helped I know by ugly TV on wall. Wallpaper might help… I was thinking of creating a mantle like in the second picture, but maybe too clumpy… Really like the wood panelling on the 3rd picture but not sure it would work...

Comments (9)

• Madamn Janaé
    9 years ago
    I really like the second one, but if you really like the wood panels then suit up for creativity - you can easily have the best of both worlds. Clear your wall at home and put the wooden panels there, you can then install the mantel on the panels just like in the second picture.

Hope I helped :)
    Best wishes
    xoxo
    eunice600 thanked Madamn Janaé
  • Tinkie van Rensburg
    9 years ago
    Is paint not an option? It always works for me
  • Madamn Janaé
    9 years ago
    Yes you could paint, just make sure thatnthe colour you choose will brighten the room a little, like a pale green.
  • eunice600
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @Mhizz Unique thank you, I reckon I could try both alright. @Tinkie did you mean paint the fireplace or the wall? My other colour in the room is green funnily enough, now to get me a handy man...
  • Tinkie van Rensburg
    9 years ago
    I meant the fireplace, try Annie Sloane chalk paint, it goes on everything and you will find stunning colour to match the wall. You don't need a handy man, you can do it, it is part of the satisfaction... :)
  • eunice600
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    True re painting I could do that myself not sure I could do any wood work though. Thanks for suggestions
  • Shaker Tile
    9 years ago
    I think the slate will be good solution for this. I have a very good slate i's from Egypt.
    eunice600 thanked Shaker Tile
  • Karin Madgwick
    9 years ago
    Love the second one, very in at the moment.
    eunice600 thanked Karin Madgwick
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.