lorraine_brady80

Downstairs layout

Lorraine Brady
3 years ago

Hi, We bought a house a year ago and am finally at the point where we are settled in and im now thinkingif we are using the space wisely.

Almost all of our downstairs is open plan (pic attached). Im happy with the kitchen area in the top right and the living area in the bottom left, but its the area in between im less sure about. At the minute the dining table kind of straddles two sections, but not sure if I should move that fully into one of the other "areas". It used to be in the top left corner rotated 90° but I felt the middle left area became just a glorified hallway and dont want that much space being wasted.

At the moment its just me and my husband in the house, but hopefully in the near future we will be having kids so im trying to think where their stuff/play area will go too.

Any thoughts/advice would be really appreciated

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.