matt_rigby21

Not a question, just details of my house project

Matt Rigby
4 years ago

I've recently purchased an Edwardian terraced house in desperate need of love and attention. the house has remained largely untouched since it was but in c1910. The house consists of an entrance hallway leading to a large living room, a good sizes dining room and a galley kitchen. Behind the stairs is the entrance to a large 2 chamber cellar with approx 2.4m head room. Upstairs consists of a large master bedroom, a good sized 2nd bedroom and a 3rs boxroom. The bathroom is relatively small and poorly laid out. A previous occupant had a wooden shower room built at the end of the galley kitchen. The kitchen itself was tiny with very little space to work in. The first projects are to remove the dividing wall between the kitchen and dining room to create a much more open and friendly kitchen diner with the shower room demolished and a proper extension adding. The original back door and window of the house to be removed to create one long run in the kitchen area. An island hob will also be installed. Work is already well underway and the wall has been removed and the extension built. I have sourced some additional floorboards made from reclaimed pine joists supplied by Antique Reclaimed Flooring of Wakedield. Once this work is complete a kitchen will be supplied and installed by Magnet. The bathroom is going to be redesigned with the fittings being rotated 90 degrees to make much better use of the space. Bathroom Design and Creations of Westhoughton are doing this work. I'll keep this post updated with photos and pictures as it progresses.

Comments (64)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.