eddoublesixes

Extractor in meat free house?

eddoublesixes
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

We're designing our open plan 40sqm extension at the moment. It'll be open plan kitchen to dining room to living room.

On the kitchen island we are planning a 2 ring gas and 4 ring induction hob. The extension will be an asymmetrical pitch above the island.

We could go with either a overhead extractor or downdraft built into the island. Neither is particularly palatable as the overhead would break the open plan look, and the downdraft is very expensive and prone to faults.

As the entire house is vegetarian, there will never be any meat cooked on the hobs. My question is whether you think we would need an extractor at all. I rarely if ever use the extractor in our smaller kitchen/living room at the moment.

Enclosed is a general layout of the planned extension and kitchen.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Ed

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.