marieearl77

Help with flooring colour

Ellie
4 years ago

Some of our kitchen has gone in now, see pics.

Dark grey shaker kitchen, white carrara marble look worktop (not picked yet) and considering Karndean wood-look flooring, walls will stay as white.

The units are obviously really dark. There will be 3.4m sliding doors at end of run of units, there is also a large bay window and 2 large velux.

I picked up some samples.

The pic below is to give an idea of bay window and velux, walls have now been painted white so I will get a better pic later, and the wood around the bay window will be light (painted white possibly)

House · More Info

In this pic, on the left is Van Gogh Honey Oak. (floor on the right is another range, but obviously not 3 same planks!) Pic was taken at night, dark outside, with 2 overhead lights on. I also got samples of Distressed Oak and Country Oak and found them too grey. I threw a white sheet over the top of the base units to give the look of a white worktop!

I wonder if its a bit dark, but then as its night time, with 1 overhead light only on the island (there will be 2 but only 1 bulb in at the moment)

(the insides of my units are a light oak)

Thoughts welcome. Thank you!

House · More Info

House · More Info

House · More Info

Comments (33)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.