vicky_hanratty

Help with downstairs flooring dilemma

Vicky Hanratty
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi we have just moved into a new house and I am struggling to choose flooring. So far we have decided to go with a 12mm laminate floor which will flow through the whole area (105sq yards in total-hall, living rooms, kitchen/diner). That's all we can decide on so far, what colour to go for is the dilemma!

We have oak doors and oak trimming and kick boards on our kitchen. I am considering painting the kitchen trims cream and that leaves more options for choice of colour for flooring. Another option is to also paint the doors white too.....

I am concerned about getting the trims painted as this will be different to the high gloss finish of the cupboard doors, also risking ruining the kitchen?

There is currently a lino floor at the moment which looks OK in pics but in reality it's horrible!

So do we stick with oak coloured flooring which ties in with existing wood. Or paint all of the wood and free us up to pick other colours?

Any suggestions?!?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.