mattweeksdj

Damp/Mold issue?

mattweeksdj
5 years ago
Hi All.

Having a sort out and moved the corner sofa away from the wall. Noticed black staining, which I presumed is likely mold due to poor ventilation as the sofa is hard up against the corner of 2 exterior walls.

Wiped away but appeared to be deeper than just sitting on the wall paper (hard stained) and is still there despite bleaching etc. When wiping I caught a bit of the wallpaper which peeled back and appears mold is also below the paper....

The wall with the main problem is usually cold, we are mid terrace but on the other side of that wall is a shared alleyway running between our houses.

Pictures below (note the wall under the paper was previously painted brown - it hasn’t turned brown!)

Thoughts? If this is likely more of a damp issue then will of course speak to a professional but where do I start with that - what professional do I seek help from?

Any ideas or guidance would be most appreciated.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.