shannon_kelleherscire

oddly shaped living room

sskell skell
6 years ago
Hello everyone. I’m having a very difficult time deciding on the placement of the furniture in this room. We took a house down to the foundation and this is what the architect came up with. I loved it on paper and she said the stairs wouldn’t impede on the living room like it has. So I’m a bit disappointed that my room is so oddly shaped. Can anyone help me with some ideas for living room furniture. The room is 23x25. The front half of the room is 16ft wide from stairs to wall... does that seem too squished? I want a flow to the room... and the couch would be too close to the tv if it were over the fireplace.

I’ve been playing with some ideas... which were suggested to me by some Houzz users. What does everyone think of this layout? Does it seem too cramped? I would love some other ideas too!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.