jcwons

Inspiration desperately needed!! Need serious outside the box thinking

House Bunny
6 years ago

I've posted before and got some great advice - I'm now implementing the plans but there is one bit still to be decided.

We have a mezzanine floor coming off the livingroom, above the diningroom. The mezzanine floor is really odd in that you can't stand up in it, the height is low (54") - so the only activity that you could really do there is sat down. The floor space is 74" x 114".

Ideally we would use this space for something, but are struggling to think what. Having sat up there for a while we decided it wouldn't make a good cinema room. The other idea was a reading nook, but the new livingroom is going to have a reading area with armchairs for reading and we don't really do that much reading to justify to separate areas for it. We have a study in a separate room. Husband doesn't want it as a gaming room because he will go wherever the biggest screen in the house will be.

Does anyone have any clever (or any) other ideas what we could use the area for?

At the moment it's got a glass handrail, but we could turn it into a solid wall.

Just thought we could make it into a wine "cellar" except neither of us drink wine! But it's something like that we need. A use for it.

We don't have children otherwise it would work as a good child pen.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.