veronica_law

How to finish off this living room?

Veronica
8 years ago
I have been trying to figure this problem out for a while...when you walk into our home, you enter into our living room. We have two young kids so toy storage and staying on top of clutter is a constant battle. Then our living room backs right into our dining room and off to the side is a doorway to staircase to go upstairs. So the questions are:
1. How to decorate the rest of my living room so I'm not blocking entrance ways.
2. It's a pretty dark room - I would love to lighten it up. Maybe a new rug? The window treatments are another constant battle because there's a school nearby so lots of traffic but was want to her some privacy while bringing in as much natural light as possible. There's no built in lighting in this room. It's an old home, 1930s.
3. Wall color doesn't have a lot of continuity to the dining room which is a bright yellow. The living room is a neutral beige.
4. We love to entertain but clearly this makes it difficult for people to sit, but their drinks/food down somewhere...while having room for the kids to play in the common area.
I'm very confused as to what to do and would appreciate hearing any thoughts this community has!!!

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.