pam_hohnerlein

New Build....Need Lighting Help!

Pam Hohnerlein
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello...My husband and I are in the process of building a new home and I am having problems figuring out the lighting for the Entry, Kitchen (pendants over bar) and the nook. From the entry you can see the kitchen, living room and nook...so its all one big open space......I have 10 foot ceilings and there will be a dry stacked rock fireplace going from floor to ceiling. I will have a 9 foot bar in the kitchen and we have chosen Bianco Antico for the granite with medium to dark stain...also all wood floors.

Ok, so my question is this...My husband bought 3 Pottery Barn rustic glass bell shaped pendant lights ( the small ones) for over the bar but I have no idea how to tie other lighting in with those since it is a open floor plan with 10 foot ceilings...I suggested the Large glass bell from pottery barn to go over the nook table but he has been looking at the drum shaped lighting and likes the one from Capital lighting called "Midtown"..Will insert pictures....I have loved the process of building up until now and am a true believer that the lighting stores were created by the devil!!!!!.....Sooo Any input or ideas would be highly grateful... Thanks,P

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.