carimari11

Need desperate help for rec room TV placement

Cari
8 years ago

We recently bought our first house which has a rec room in the basement and are putting together a project plan including removing popcorn, new carpet, and possible built-ins on the far wall.

Here's our issue: We want to use this space for our TV room and keep the TV out of our more formal living areas upstairs. However, we have NO idea where to put the TV! We don't want to mount it over the fireplace, but the room is so narrow, I'm afraid the TV will dominate the far small wall. Any ideas!?!? If so, thank you so much in advance!

I've included the picture from the listing so please note this is NOT our furniture! The pieces missing from the photo for more context:

- To the right of where the photographer is standing is a long sliding glass door

- To the left of where the photographer is standing is the entry into the room from the basement stairs.

Comments (31)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.