gayletm

Need help with sofa choice for living room

Gayle
Hi there,
I have a long rectangular open plan living & dining room with a kitchen off it at one end. At the other end there is a fireplace and along one of the long walls is a large floor to ceiling window &door opening to a balcony.

When we bought the place we got 2 black leather couches, a matching 3 and 2 seater.

I have always wondered if we should in fact have got a sectional L shaped sectional couch instead of the 2 couches as I feel that having the 2 seater couch going across the middle of the room divides it in half too much. I tried having the 2 couches facing each other but decided I didn't like having one against the wall with the big window as it blocks the light.

I would appreciate opinions!
I have attached photos of the current set up and also of a sectional I'm thinking of buying (except in black not brown) to replace the 2 existing couches.