gayletm

Need help with sofa choice for living room

Gayle
11 years ago
Hi there,
I have a long rectangular open plan living & dining room with a kitchen off it at one end. At the other end there is a fireplace and along one of the long walls is a large floor to ceiling window &door opening to a balcony.

When we bought the place we got 2 black leather couches, a matching 3 and 2 seater.

I have always wondered if we should in fact have got a sectional L shaped sectional couch instead of the 2 couches as I feel that having the 2 seater couch going across the middle of the room divides it in half too much. I tried having the 2 couches facing each other but decided I didn't like having one against the wall with the big window as it blocks the light.

I would appreciate opinions!
I have attached photos of the current set up and also of a sectional I'm thinking of buying (except in black not brown) to replace the 2 existing couches.

Comments (37)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.